|9th Grade Counselor's Office 281-237-3159|
|Katrina Harwell||Counselor : A-Z Email|
|Cathy Davis||Secretary : 9th Email|
|10th -12th Grade Counselors' Office 281-237-3165|
|Brandye Simper||Counselor : A-C Email|
|Peggy Cameron||Counselor : D-H Email|
|Carol Cowand||Counselor : I-Mn Email|
|Karmen Mundt||Counselor : Mo-Sd Email|
|Nancy Gonzalez||Counselor : Se-Z Email|
|Sonja Price||Secretary : 10th-12th Email|
|Ranessa Machann||Secretary : 10th-12th Email|
Naviance is the tool in Katy ISD for college searches and scholarship information. You can locate Naviance by searching for it in MyKatyCloud.
Please see the powerpoint at this link for more details.
SAFETY NET Forms are available in both counselor offices and the junior office. It's an anonymous way to help prevent student violence, suicide, gang involvement and drug or alcohol abuse.
Graduation Requirements and Course Catalog -
GT Information to consider when choosing your schedule
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
SENIORS - The
FAFSA is now open for you to apply for the 2016-2017 college year. Go to
https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and also be sure to go to the FSA ID webpage to apply for your electronic signature for FAFSA at
https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. It is required for those who will be signing your FAFSA.
The 2017-18 FAFSA season will began earlier than previous FAFSA cycles. Please note the following important information for Juniors!
- If you are in a G/T class this year, you should choose a G/T class section for next year to stay in the program.
- If you had a Temporary Exit this year you must choose a G/T class for next year or you receive an automatic Formal Exit. This means that you would have to be screened again
in that core area to be eligible for future G/T placements
in that core area.
- Temporary exits are given for very specific reasons.
- cannot be given by the counselors. You must contact the G/T facilitator whose office is located in the main counselors' suite..
- cannot be given to opt out of a specific teacher's class.
- cannot be given any later than the last day of the first 6-weeks and the first day of the second semester.
Contact information in case of questions:
can be given as a CSC [campus selection committee] decision. Students must contact the G/T facilitator to request one. The criterion that must be met in order to be eligible for a Furlough (temporary exit) are:
- Medical conditions with documentation
- Personal family issues documented
- Course schedule conflicts based on master schedule
Taylor High School Code: 443736 (CEEB for Collegeboard—SAT and ACT testing)
CDC or County-District-Campus Codes
Harris County Code: 101
District Code: 914
Taylor High Campus Code: 002
(THS CDC number is 101914002)
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses