Parking Information for 2017-2018
To purchase a parking permit: tinyurl.com/SLHSparking2017
To request a temporary tag: http://tinyurl.com/SLHStemptag
To change vehicle registration: http://tinyurl.com/SLHSchangeform
General parking is sold out. Registering through the online link will put you on a waiting list should more spaces become available. Please do not drive to school until the day after you have the parking permit sticker to put on your car.
Parking registration starts online. Students must pre-register at tinyurl.com/SLHSparking2017 before purchasing a permit. After filling out the online information, please print these documents (SLHS Parking Agreement, SLHS Parking Privileges, and Safe Teen Driving Pledge), sign them, and bring them in at the designated time with payment. You must log into Google with your KISD account to be able to access the form. Your user ID will be something like the following example: A1234567@students.katyisd.org . You may have to log out of all other google accounts. See bottom of page for troubleshooting information.
After registering online, you must bring the following to purchase your permit:
· Driver's License
· Proof of insurance (digital version ok)
· Cash or check (general parking - $45, senior reserve - reduced to $70)
· Parent signature pages
Students must purchase a parking permit at least one day before driving on campus. No parking permits will be sold on school days before school. (Permits may be purchased during lunches and after school in room 1655.)
General parking will be sold by lot. Lot 1 is in the back of the school, Lot 2 is in front of the gym, and Lot 3 is in front of the PAC/9th grade center. You must select your lot when you purchase your permit, and you are only allowed to park in that lot. Failure to do so may result in a violation sticker and/or fine.
If a student must drive a vehicle that does not have a valid parking permit, they must request a Temporary Parking Tag from the parking office on the day they drive a different vehicle. They will need to provide the License Plate Number of the vehicle they are driving. Temporary permits are issued for one day at a time unless a written request from a parent, which includes the length of time the permit is needed, is presented. Please fill out this form and go to the parking office in 1655. http://tinyurl.com/SLHStemptag
If you need to change the vehicle you have registered on campus, please fill out this form and bring proof of insurance to the parking office in 1655. http://tinyurl.com/SLHSchangeform
Consequences for violations of parking rules
If you are having trouble accessing the parking registration, please try the following steps:
- Go to www.google.com (not gmail.com)
- Sign out of all accounts. (You must be signed in to the Katy account as the primary account on google.)
- Sign in to google using your student ID: ID@students.katyisd.org. (Replace "ID" with your student ID number.) (Your password is the password you use to log into campus computers. Student passwords begin with kt, followed by first initial and last initial, followed by 4 numbers.) Once signed in, the page will return to www.google.com. From there, you'll type the URL in step 4 into the address bar.
- Go to www.tinyurl.com/SLHSparking2017 and fill out the form.
If you have problems, please contact Mrs. Glaser in the parking office at email@example.com.