Welcome back to the new 2016-2017 school year.
My name is Brianna Pollinger. I am a certified school counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor Intern. I studied counseling at the University of Houston; however, I am a Texas Tech Red Raider through and through. I have been in education for 10 years and absolutely love my job. Your kids are amazing and make each day an adventure. Thank you for allowing me the privilege of working with them. I can be reached at 281-237-7616 or
ROLE OF THE COUNSELOR
The counselor has a variety of duties and responsibilities that are directly related to the parent and child. Some of the major functions of the counselor are:
- Counseling individuals and small groups of students to meet identified needs.
- Consulting with parents, teachers, and other staff regarding concerns about students' needs.
- Delivering age appropriate, relevant classroom guidance lessons to students.
- Coordinating people and resources in the community for the benefit of students.
- Developing, planning, and evaluating a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program to serve all students.
Please review Texas Family Code 32.004 to read Texas law regarding counselors.