Welcome to Mayde Creek Elementary Registration and Attendance
Valerie Babin, Registrar and Attendance Clerk
Please visit the Katy ISD Registration webpage for more information. This site can be accessed from the Quick Links box to the right.
Child’s birth certificate
Child’s social security card
Child’s immunization records
Parent’s photo ID or driver’s license
Proof of Residence - A recent utility bill (gas, water or electric only) showing service address and parent name; a lease agreement (if new rental); HUD settlement page if house newly purchased.
Withdrawal forms (if you transferred schools during school year)
Last report card
PK Eligibility Requirements
Texas State Law requires the student to meet the following criteria:
He/she must be 4 yrs. old on or before Sept. 1, 2014.
The child must be limited English proficient because a language other than English is the primary language spoken at home or
the family qualifies according to the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines or
the family is homeless or
A parent is an active military member of the armed forces, Texas National Guard, or the Reserves or
The child is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Notifying School of Your Child's Absence:
- On the day that your student is absent, the parent/guardian should notify the Attendance Office as early as possible by calling 281-237-3955 and leave a voice message. When leaving a voice message, please include the student's first and last name, date(s) of absence, teacher's name, cause of absence, name of person calling the absence in, and signature of parent/guardian if a note is written. A telephone call or personal contact by the parent with the Attendance Office is the preferred method of reporting a student absence. If the school does not receive timely notice regarding an absence, the parent may be contacted by school staff or automated phone system to verify the absence. Failure to establish parent telephone or personal contact with the school on the date of the absence or to provide a written note to the Attendance Office within three days of an absence will result in an unexcused absence. Such lapse in notification may trigger a compulsory attendance notification and/or court warning notification.
Partial Day Absences
- If a student is to leave school during the day, a note must be presented to the teacher in the morning stating the reason and time the student will be picked up. It must be signed by the parent/guardian. The parent/guardian may not go to the classroom to get a child. All students must be signed out through the front office. Students will not be called out of the classroom ahead of time. The front office staff will call them when the parent/guardian comes in to sign the student out on the enrollment card. If a parent/guardian is contacted by the nurse to come and get a child because of illness, the parent, guardian must also come to the front office and sign the student out.
Compulsory Attendance Notifications (CAN letters):
- A CAN letter will be mailed when your student has one or more of the following, including full or partial days:
- A student has three (3) or more unexcused absences in a four week period.
- A student has ten (10) or more unexcused absences in a six month period.
- If you receive a CAN letter you have five (5) school days to resolve it with the school Attendance Clerk.
Failure to Attend School Notifications:
- A Failure to Attend School notification will be mailed when your student has excessive absences for personal illness for one or more of the following, including full or partial days:
- A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days.
- A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six month period.
- All future absences will require a statement from a physician or health clinic to be excused. Send a doctor's note when possible to avoid having too many personal illness absences. Also, if your student has scheduled appointments, please try to make the appointments after school hours.
Ways to Contact the Registrar/ADA Clerk – Valerie Babin
- eMail address: ValerieMBabin@KatyISD.org
- Telephone # 281-237-3955
For more details concerning attendance laws, please refer to the Katy ISD Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct booklet.
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses