TSIA Testing at CRHS: January 2019
Cinco Ranch High School is offering free TSIA (Texas Success Initiative Assessment) for seniors during the spring semester of 2019.
WHAT IS IT?
The TSIA is a college readiness exam offered by College Board and the state of Texas to help students entering college. It allows a student who did not make a "college-readiness" score on the SAT/ACT to take this exam and enter college taking on-level math and reading courses without having to take a remedial course if they receive a passing score.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO TEST?
12th grade students enrolled at CRHS
In order to take the TSIA exam at Cinco Ranch High School you must:
1. Pre-register using this Google Form. (Listed below under REGISTRATION) You will be notified of your next steps after ALL registration has been completed. Look to be notified of next steps during your 2.5 class from January 16-January 18.
2. Complete the MANDATORY TSI Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) from HCC.
The pre-assessment activity is available at the following website:
- Go to the PAA website.
- Click on TSI Practice Tests and watch the video for more information about how to take the practice assessments.
- Click on each Practice Test listed on the right hand side of the screen.
- One at a time, watch the associated video, then click on the "Test Yourself" button to take that Pre-Assessment.
- After you finish the Pre-Assessments, make sure that you read everything and click on the blue TSI Pre-Assessment Activity Verification Form at the bottom of the page. You must complete that, print it out, and bring it to your testing session in order to be able to test. If you do not bring the form, you will not be permitted to take the TSI at that time.
3. You must take both the reading and math portion of the exam if you are testing at CRHS. The two tests will be combined into one testing session that should take anywhere from 1-4 hours to complete. Testing will take place on campus during the school day on either 1/22 or 1/24. Your testing date will be finalized after the registration window closes. You will be notified of your testing date and time AFTER the window closes.
Please understand that you are registering to take both the reading and math portion of the exam. If you do NOT want to take both tests, or if you are also wanting to take the writing portion of the TSIA, you will need to register to take the exam(s) at HCC or another community college instead. It is my understanding that it is $29 to take all three exams or $10 for each individual exam.
HCC Testing Office: 713.718.6011
Testing will be either 1/22/19 or 1/24/19 beginning at 7:25 am in lab 2613. You will be notified of your testing date after the registration window closes.
(Note: if you have late arrival, you must come to school at 7:25 for your appointment. If you do not, you will not be allowed to complete testing at CRHS.)
FREE to CRHS students
Registration is open until 3:00 pm on Tuesday, January 15th. No late registrations will be accepted.
Please register using this link: https://tinyurl.com/CRHSJanuaryTSIARegistration
2018 December STAAR EOC Scores
STAAR EOC scores from December 2018 will be accessible beginning January 14th in the Texas Assessment Data Portal, as well as in the Home Access Center (HAC). These will be the only ways to access your student's scores for STAAR. Please see the directions in the links to the right of this page for accessing scores through the Texas Assessment Data Portal.
For students who are eligible to test but have not yet achieved "Approaches Grade Level," "Meets Grade Level," or "Masters Grade Level" on English I, English II, Algebra, Biology or US History STAAR EOC will be automatically enrolled in Spring testing. (Note: A student is considered "eligible to test" if they have taken an assessment and not yet passed, if they have completed the course and haven't yet tested, were absent for testing during the school year, or went home ill during testing and were unable to complete the test.)
ALL 10th and 11th grade students that participated in the PSAT on Wednesday, October 10 were able to check their scores online beginning December 10th through their College Board account.
If you do not remember the email you used for College Board or any of your login information, you must contact College Board for that information. CRHS does not have access to any College Board information, you must work through College Board if you are having trouble or questions about your account.
Please use this link for more information: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/scores/student-score-reports
Paper score results will be sent home through a homeroom class January of 2019.
Please use the following link for help logging on to your College Board account: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help
After you receive your PSAT score, don't forget to sign up for FREE practice through Khan Academy specifically designed for you!
Get personalized practice recommendations based on your results from the new SAT and PSAT/NMSQT.
- Go to www.satpractice.org. Create an account on Khan Academy, or sign into your existing account.
- Link your accounts. When prompted, agree to link your Khan Academy and College Board accounts.
- Send your scores. Log in to you College Board account, and hit "Send" to get a personalized practice plan.
Watch the following video for more information:
2017-2018 TELPAS Student Report Cards Now Available
If your child participated in the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) during the 2017-2018 school year, the scores are now available online. You can view your child's scores either in the Home Access Center (HAC) or the STAAR Portal using the directions attached on the right-hand side of this page.
DISTRICT and STATE ASSESSMENT CALENDARS
For more information about DLA's or other state and district testing, please refer to the Katy ISD Calendars.