TSIA Testing at CRHS
Cinco Ranch High School is offering free TSIA (Texas Success Initiative Assessment) for seniors in the fall of 2018.
WHAT IS IT?
The TSIA is a college readiness exam offered by College Board and the state of Texas to help students entering college. It allows a student who did not make a "college-readiness" score on the SAT/ACT to take this exam and enter college taking on-level math and reading courses without having to take a remedial course if they receive a passing score.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO TEST?
12th grade students enrolled at CRHS
In order to take the TSIA exam at Cinco Ranch High School you must:
1. Pre-register using this Google Form. (Listed below under REGISTRATION) You will be notified of your next steps after ALL registration has been completed. Look to be notified of next steps sometime during the week of October 22nd.
2. Complete the MANDATORY TSI Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) from HCC.
The pre-assessment activity is available at the following website:
- Go to the PAA website.
- Click on TSI Practice Tests and watch the video for more information about how to take the practice assessments.
- Click on each Practice Test listed on the right hand side of the screen.
- One at a time, watch the associated video, then click on the "Test Yourself" button to take that Pre-Assessment.
- After you finish the Pre-Assessments, make sure that you read everything and click on the blue TSI Pre-Assessment Activity Verification Form at the bottom of the page. You must complete that, print it out, and bring it to your testing session in order to be able to test. If you do not bring the form, you will not be permitted to take the TSI at that time.
3. You must take both the reading and math portion of the exam if you are testing at CRHS. The two tests will be combined into one testing session that should take anywhere from 1-4 hours to complete. Testing will take place on campus during the school day on either 11/5 or 11/7. Your testing date will be finalized after the registration window closes. You will be notified of your testing date and time AFTER the window closes.
Please understand that you are registering to take both the reading and math portion of the exam. If you do NOT want to take both tests, or if you are also wanting to take the writing portion of the TSIA, you will need to register to take the exam(s) at HCC or another community college instead. It is my understanding that it is $29 to take all three exams or $10 for each individual exam.
HCC Testing Office: 713.718.6011
Testing will be either 11/5 or 11/7 beginning at 7:25 am. You will be notified of your testing time after the registration window closes.
(Note: if you have late arrival, you must come to school at 7:25 for your appointment. If you do not, you will not be allowed to complete testing at CRHS.)
FREE to CRHS students
Registration is open until 3:00 pm on Tuesday, October 23rd. No late registrations will be accepted.
Please register using this link: https://tinyurl.com/CRHSNovemberTSIARegistration
- Get a good night's rest.
- Arrive on time.
- Bring a Photo ID to the test.
- Preparing for the Exams: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/student/practice
- Sample questions: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/accuplacer-texas-success-initiative-assessment-sample-questions.pdf
- Brochures for TSI:
- Info for before testing… https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/tsai-assessment-student-brochure.pdf
- Interpreting your scores… https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/tsai-interpreting-your-score-brochure.pdf
- TSI Web-Based Study App – Texas Version https://accuplacerpractice.collegeboard.org/login
- TSI info for Lone Star College: http://www.lonestar.edu/placement-testing-info.htm
If you have other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-2018 TELPAS Student Report Cards Now Available
If your child participated in the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) during the 2017-2018 school year, the scores are now available online. You can view your child's scores either in the Home Access Center (HAC) or the STAAR Portal using the directions attached on the right-hand side of this page.
December End-of-Course Testing
Students are required to meet standard on all EOC assessments (English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology, and US History) in order to meet graduation requirements. If your child has completed one or more of these courses, during the previous school year or over the summer, and has not taken the test and met standard, they will need to take the EOC exam for that subject during the December testing window. You will be notified through period 2.5 if you are testing in December. Notices will go home no later than the week of November 12th.
Specific room assignments will be posted upstairs in the 2600's hallway the morning of your assigned test. Report to that area no later than 7:15 a.m. so that you may find your testing room by 7:25 am. DO NOT go to 1st period. You will report directly for testing. You will be released to your regular class when you have completed testing.
If you receive special accommodations, a notice with further details will be sent to you during your 2nd period class the week of November 27th.
December STAAR EOC Testing Schedule
|Test Date||STAAR EOC ASSESSMENTS|
|Monday, Dec 3, 2018||English I|
|Tuesday, Dec 4, 2018||Algebra I|
|Wednesday, Dec 5, 2018||English II|
|Thursday, Dec 6, 2018||US History|
|Friday, Dec 7, 2018||Biology|
ALL students that participated in the PSAT on Wednesday, October 10th will be able to check their scores online beginning December 10th through their College Board account. If you do not remember the email you used for College Board or any of your login information, you must contact College Board for that information. CRHS does not have access to any College Board information.
If you wish to change/adjust/update your address, you will need to access your College Board account and change it there. CRHS does not have access to your College Board account and cannot make any changes.
Paper score results will be sent home through a homeroom class January or February of 2018.
Please use the following link for help logging on to your College Board account: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help
After you receive your PSAT score, don't forget to sign up for FREE practice through Khan Academy specifically designed for you!
Get personalized practice recommendations based on your results from the new SAT and PSAT/NMSQT.
- Go to www.satpractice.org. Create an account on Khan Academy, or sign into your existing account.
- Link your accounts. When prompted, agree to link your Khan Academy and College Board accounts.
- Send your scores. Log in to your College Board account, and hit "Send" to get a personalized practice plan.
Watch the following video for more information:
2018 STAAR EOC Scores & Summer Testing Information
STAAR EOC scores from Spring and Summer 2018 testing may be accessed in the Texas Assessment Data Portal, as well as in the Home Access Center (HAC). These will be the only ways to access your student's scores for STAAR. Please see the directions in the links to the right of this page for accessing scores through the Texas Assessment Data Portal.
For students who are eligible to test but have not yet achieved "Approaches Grade Level," "Meets Grade Level," or "Masters Grade Level" on English I, English II, Algebra, Biology or US History STAAR EOC will be automatically enrolled in December testing. (Note: A student is considered "eligible to test" if they have taken an assessment and not yet passed, if they have completed the course and haven't yet tested, were absent for testing during the school year, or went home ill during testing and were unable to complete the test.)
DISTRICT and STATE ASSESSMENT CALENDARS
For more information about DLA's or other state and district testing, please refer to the Katy ISD Calendars.