Counselors Office 2017 - 2018
For access to the Counselors' Email addresses Click Here
Counselor Team 2017- 2018
Counselors Grades 9 - 12
Shongh Smith A – C od 281.237.7044
Angele Fowler (Lead) Coe – F 281.237.7044
Kacie Osorio G – Kin 281.237.7081
Shannon Valdivia Kio - Ob 281.237.7081
Robin Rolon Oc - Sha 281. 237.7044
Cathy Cunningham She – Z 281. 237.7044
Cathy Bannert G - Ob 281.237.7081
Lisa Hermis 281.237.7044
Debbie Sherrill 281.237.7089
IMPORTANT DATES and INFORMATION for 2017-2018
from the CRHS Counseling Office
Katy ISD Military Academy Night - Wednesday, November 15, 2017
6:30-8:30 pm at Seven Lakes High School 9th Grade Commons Click Here for flyer
All freshmen are invited to
tour Miller Career & Technology Center (MCTC) to get a sneak peek at a day
in the life of a Miller student. Students will have the opportunity to learn
about the cutting edge programs MCTC has to offer. CRHS freshmen will visit MCTC
during part of the school day on Tuesday, October 24. Students can pick up a
field trip permission form from their counselor’s office or click here for letter and click here for field trip permission form.
Click Here for College Night Opportunities for Katy ISD Students- Because our annual Katy ISD College & Career Night had to be cancelled due to Harvey damage, we have partnered with neighboring school districts to ensure that Katy ISD students have the opportunity to access college recruiters.
2. The National Association for College Admission and
sponsoring the NACAC STEM College and
Career Fair in Houston.
Location: University of
Houston – Student Center South
Houston Room and
4455 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204
Houston, TX 77204
Fair Hours: Sunday, November 05, 2017 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Register Free at www.nacacfairs.org/stem
E-mail email@example.com or
Due to the time constraints as a result of Hurricane Harvey, Naviance Edocs will NOT be activated this fall. Please follow these REVISED steps for College Applications:
- Complete your Student Profile for Recommendations in Naviance or pick up a paper copy in the counselors' office.
- Apply to your college(s) through Apply Texas, the Common Application or the college website.
- If using the Common App, invite the counselor and/or teacher to submit a recommendation letter, if required. Click the link on the Counselors' page of the CRHS website for the counselors' email address.
- If a recommendation letter is required for your college and it cannot be submitted electronically, bring an envelope addressed to the college, with postage to the appropriate counseling office and fill out a pink "Counselor's Request" form.
- If you would like to follow up with your counselor to make sure that they received any electronic invitations, complete an "Electronic College Application Follow Up" sheet which is available in the Counselors' Office.
Seniors if you need a page of a college application completed or a college/ scholarship recommendation, please remember that you must submit a Counselor's Request no less than 15 working days prior to the deadline date. If your deadline states that it must be Received by a date, add time for the mail.
|"RECEIVED BY" COLLEGE DEADLINES||Request to the COUNSELOR by|
|December 1||November 1|
|December 15||November 17|
|January 1||November 27|
|January 15 ||December 5|
|February 1||January 8|
4. The Deadline to turn in GPA Exemption forms has been extended until the end of the first 6 weeks Sept.22
5. The Katy Auxiliary of VFW Post 9182 is sponsoring the Voice of Democracy scholarship for students in grades 9-12. Click Here for more information.
Please post the following information on the Bulletin and in the Enews….
Juniors – The Linda Lorelle Scholarship Funds are awarded annually to high school juniors that range from $10,000 - $20,000. The application opens 10/1/17 and the deadline is 2/16/18.
Additional information and the application portal can be found at http://www.lindalorelle.org/smartuphouston
After Hurricane Harvey FAQs http://www.katyisd.org/Pages/Harvey-FAQ.aspx
If your family has been displaced, your students may receive assistance from the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. For more details and other helpful information, go to the link provided by KISD.