LEGACY PARENT ACADEMY 2019-2020
Legacy Parent Academy will continue in the 2019-2020 school year with sessions focusing on prevalent social-emotional topics.
This year’s sessions are as follows:
* Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:00PM - 8:00PM Mental Health Awareness and Services
* Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:00PM - 8:00PM Cyberbullying
* Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:00PM - 8:00PM “Vaping 101” the latest trend among our youth!
* Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:00PM - 7:00PM Transitioning from Elementary to Junior High School
* Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:15PM - 8:15PM Understanding High School Credits, Academic, Pre AP/AP, and Dual Credit Courses
* Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:00PM - 8:00PM This force they call “Social Media”
* Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:00PM - 8:00PM Internet Safety
* Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:00PM - 8:00PM Drug & Alcohol Awareness
* Wednesday, April 22, 2020 7:00PM - 8:30PM Human Trafficking
* Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:00PM - 8:00PM Post-Secondary Opportunities at Technical Schools and Workforce Readiness Programs
The academy is intended to provide parents with information on current topics that impact students and schools district-wide. Academy sessions are supplemental to campus-based programs and initiatives.
The Legacy Parent Academy webpage, which includes session descriptions and a link to register for the sessions, is accessible at: http://www.katyisd.org/parents/Pages/Legacy-Parent-Academy.aspx. Campuses are asked to publicize this information on your campus websites and through other means of communication to parents, students and staff.
Elizabeth Ann Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-396-2118 with any questions.