Kimberly Wheeler BSN, RN Sandra Millan, Clinic Aide
7:55 - 3:55 11:00 - 2:45
If you need help with medical resources such as vision care, medical supplies, or medications, please reach out to the Bear Creek Campus Nurse, Kimberly Wheeler either by email or phone.
TIPS FOR PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF FLU
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick or are beginning to display symptoms
- Stay home if you feel sick and see a doctor as soon as possible
- Fever of 100.0 must remain home and stay home for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with antibacterial soap to kill and avoid spreading germs
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as germs and bacteria can enter this way and cause illness.
- Get your flu vaccine
Children may not carry medicine with them at school-not even cough drops. If your child needs medicine at school, send a note completed by a parent or the physician plus the medicine in the original container. You or your child may drop it off in the clinic before going to class. Some medicines CANNOT be brought to school by your child. Controlled substances, such as ADHD medicine requires parent arrangements for dropping off and picking up from school.
The official form may be obtained from the school nurse or found at the Katy ISD website:
www.katyisd.org or go to the Quick links drop down box, then Health Services for the forms.
See the required list on the Requirements for Registration page at katyisd.org. Do not wait until August to start on these. Please call the school nurse with questions
Change of Clothes
Please pack an extra set of clothing, including underwear and socks, in a plastic bag for your little one. Keep it tucked in the backpack. It is comforting to have your own clothes in case of an accident. Accidents happen and clothes are no longer kept in the clinic.
Flat, closed-toe shoes with Velcro or lace up are much safer than sandals and flip flops and help to prevent injuries.
Clinic Resources - Texas Vaccine Institute 281.828.1893